Current:Home > FinanceBurley Garcia|Frankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health -RiskWatch
Burley Garcia|Frankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health
Rekubit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 15:53:32
Frankie Valli is Burley Garciagetting a kick out of speculation about his health.
The Four Seasons frontman spoke with People to address fan concerns about his health, after social media clips of him performing went viral. The videos show Valli, 90, performing with the group, though maybe not as nimbly as in years prior. The clips have elicited comments like, "Whoever keeps sending Frankie Valli out on stage at this point is committing elder abuse."
But the New Jersey native brushed off the concerns.
"I know there has been a lot of stuff on the internet about me lately so I wanted to clear the air," Valli told the outlet in a statement shared Monday. "I am blessed to be 90 years old and still be doing what I love to do and as long as I am able, and audiences want to come see me, I am going to be out there performing as I always."
He continued: "I get a chuckle from the comments wondering if someone forcing me to go on stage. Nobody has ever made me do anything I didn't want to do."
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Valli also addressed speculation that he is lip-syncing during performances, adding that he's still able to sound like the original records because of "60 years of experience," vocal layering and "great arrangements."
"I absolutely love what I do," he said. "And I know we put on a great show because our fans are still coming out in force and the show still rocks."
Frankie Valligranted 3-year restraining order from oldest son Francesco
The Four Seasons is one of the best-selling groups of all time, the subject of the hit Broadway musical "Jersey Boys" and known for the hit 1960s singles "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Walk Like a Man." The group is currently on tour through 2025.
Valli's statement comes months after he was granted a 3-year restraining order from his oldest son, Francesco Valli.
In April, another one of his sons, Emilio Valli, petitioned for a domestic violence restraining order, including his father as an additional protected person, following an alleged incident at The Four Seasons singer's home earlier that month.
A judgment ruled Francesco Valli is required to stay at least 100 yards away from the singer and his property and was granted a no-contact order through 2027.
Contributing: Naledi Ushe
veryGood! (44)
Related
- Appeals court scraps Nasdaq boardroom diversity rules in latest DEI setback
- Are US interest rates high enough to beat inflation? The Fed will take its time to find out
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, C'mon! Hurry Up!
- German men with the strongest fingers compete in Bavaria’s ‘Fingerhakeln’ wrestling championship
- $73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
- Rise in UK knife attacks leads to a crackdown and stokes public anxiety
- Stock market today: Asian stocks drift after Wall Street closes another winning week
- Pioneering Financial Innovation: Wilbur Clark and the Ascendance of the FB Finance Institute
- Spooky or not? Some Choa Chu Kang residents say community garden resembles cemetery
- Vancouver Canucks hang on for NHL playoff Game 3 win vs. Edmonton Oilers
Ranking
- Person accused of accosting Rep. Nancy Mace at Capitol pleads not guilty to assault charge
- Indiana Pacers blow out New York Knicks in Game 4 to even NBA playoff series
- Pregnant Lea Michele Reveals Sex of Baby No. 2
- Mother’s Day is a sad reminder for the mothers of Mexico’s over 100,000 missing people
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- Duchess of Sussex, called ‘Ifeoma’ in Nigeria, speaks with women about her Nigerian roots
- Pro-Palestinian protests dwindle on campuses as some US college graduations marked by defiant acts
- How a woman, left for dead, survived a violent home invasion: There's no earthly reason why I'm alive. None.
Recommendation
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
Smoke from Canadian wildfires brings poor air quality to Minnesota Monday, alert issued
Haitians demand the resignation and arrest of the country’s police chief after a new gang attack
Backcountry skier killed after buried by avalanche in Idaho, officials say
DoorDash steps up driver ID checks after traffic safety complaints
Are US interest rates high enough to beat inflation? The Fed will take its time to find out
Michigan doctor sentenced to 12 years for distributing opioid pills worth more than $6M
Taylor Swift sings 'The Alchemy' as Travis Kelce attends Eras Tour in Paris